Dreary May

Thank you for your help with literature suggestions for next semester-I appreciate you taking the time to alert me to what I've been missing. We're getting closer to completing the syllabus, but I'm already mentally exhausted. Thank goodness I only need to do this once a year. 
Now, to the vintage.

I KNEW there was a reason I own so many raincoats!

 Having fab outerwear does lessen the sting of needing a coat in late May. This is very unusual for Omaha. That said, I prefer it to 100 degrees F with high humidity, which has also been known to happen in Spring.

What you can't see in the photo is the red contrast lining in the coat. I wish that would make a style return-it was such a great look.  Contrast piping is nice as well.


 This nylon dress is silky and lightweight. It really is too big, and belting it messes up the overall line. I will find a new home for it where someone can give it the styling it deserves. I'm a sucker for a nice print, and wrinkle-free fabric, but it really only works beneath a coat.
 Outfit Particulars:

1970's nylon dress-Thrift World
Belt-Goodwill
Handbag-Goodwill
Vintage 1970's gum-soled shoes-Thrift World
Vintage raincoat-Goodwill
Owl brooch (on dress) Hand-Me-Ups
Sarah Coventry brooch (on coat) and earrings-yard sale
Fragrance-Ralph Lauren Romance (about as "romantic" as air freshener, but okay for a daytime, inoffensive scent).



Completely unrelated: I am upstairs, and I can hear the boys  attempting to put together a bookcase from Big Lots. There's a lot of, "What the hell?" and, "That can't be all the pieces" echoing upstairs. If I were a nice person I'd go down there and offer to help (I really excel at putting together prefabricated furniture-I consider it a gift) but I'm going to pretend I didn't hear them. Someone just uttered the first, "Owwww!" I think it was Danny. Ah, here he is coming upstairs with the box.
"Look mama, we got it out of the box!"

Well, you have to start somewhere. Good advice for most of life's challenges.





































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses