Baking-Figuratively and Literally

Greetings from my sunny kitchen.

 What's cooking? At the moment, a peach pie. I hope they don't expect a proper meal as well-I haven't planned the day out that far yet. I wasn't kidding when I said the kitchen is sunny-see that glowing space beside me? That's with the blinds drawn. It can be annoying in the summer, but come December I'm happy to have a light-filled kitchen, even if only for a few hours. We're getting a temperature break today, but then we're back into the heat and humidity for at least another week. I took this break as an opportunity to wash and dry my hair because I know by mid-week no product on earth will combat the inevitable curls and frizz. Eh, that's why I have hats.
I haven't been feeling motivated to do much, and with the car at the garage for repairs I have felt even less motivated. We did get out last weekend to see Dunkirk, but that was hardly a mood-lifter! I thought it was well done, but I'm also glad I didn't see it in IMAX-that would have been too much.

 Outfit Particulars:
Nylon dress and jacket-Thrift World (years ago)
Shoes-Goodwill
Thermoset necklace and matching bracelet-Hand-Me-Ups
Earrings-Goodwill
Handbag-Etsy
Sarah Coventry brooch-Goodwill
The plastic moulded wall decorations on the wall behind me are the ones that I switch out on the front door. I'm partial to the owls.
I knew there was a reason I bought these shoes. Now I need a matching blue patent handbag.

 
Last weekend, in the throes of 100+ degree temperatures, I finally wore this Mexican embroidered dress I bought last winter at Sequels (the thrift store in the Dairy Queen) in Council Bluffs, Iowa. I think it set me back two dollars, but it might have been less. It is bright, and it caused an old man to shout at me in the street, "You sure do like red, don't you?!" Well, actually, I don't but I like being shouted at in the street even less. At least he wasn't shouting that I should, "Go back where I came from", or driving up slowly beside me to roll down the window and shout, "How much do you weigh?" but truth be told, I still don't like being shouted at in the street, even if it is a fairly innocent observation by a pensioner. It is a bright red dress. 
 Outfit Particulars:
Mexican embroidered dress-Sequels
Vintage straw-look bag-Can't remember(I have several and they're all quite similar
Bangles-all over
Hair flower-Tiff and Tam
Franco Sarto shoes-Goodwill
Vintage clip earrings-New Life Thrift
Fragrance-Tuscany per Donna

 It must be the annual Nebraska heatwave if Chilly Willy is out in the garden with his sign. I wonder how many people laugh, and how many others pass by muttering, "Fuck off, Penguin!"
I still have Roland the Snowman's* head in the freezer from last winter. He'd better behave himself if he knows what's good for him! 
"I am in ur freezer drinkin ur gin."

*Have you seen the trailer for a horror movie called, The Snowman? As soon as Danny saw the frozen snowman head on the victims he started cracking up. "So THAT'S what Roland has been up to! 
ROLAND!!!
Roland, you stop killing people...and stop drinking my gin! Don't make me send you to the naughty step in a heatwave.































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses