Paris When it Drizzles

Yes, I own a Guerlain umbrella. I've had it since the early 90's, and it is showing wear but I'll never part with it.

I found this Paris print novelty skirt recently for a dollar. It is early 2000's and made of a very thin cotton. As it was cold and windy today, I decided to employ a pair of, "Pervert-Proof-Panties". 
I've stopped caring what the neighbours might think of my antics. 
What's a little side-eye, anyway? 
Outfit Particulars:
Bandolino skirt-Thrift World
Vintage Jantzen wool sweater-Thrift World
Belt-Goodwill
Vintage handbag-can't remember (had it at least 25 years)
Shoes-Goodwill
Bakelite bangles-all over
Bakelite brooch-Goodwill
Earrings-New Life Thrift
Fragrance-Guerlain Parure



The skirt was fun to wear, once. I'm not in love with the pleats, and it really is a bit big, so it has already migrated to the "Donate" bag in the front hall. When it is full, we'll drop the items at Hand-Me-Ups and with any luck, Thrift-Shop-Karma will pay us back with something fun. It feels strange having single-wear clothes but at the prices I've been finding things, it still comes out a bargain. Unless something is vintage or particularly wonderful, I don't need it cluttering up my limited space. 

Being Nebraska, our Spring weather has been through all the extremes. 
 Woolens one day, shorts the next. I'm generally a flexible person but this year has been a challenge. Bad as it has been for me, the garden is managing to survive-we're getting a bumper-crop of radishes and spinach this year.
The top I'm wearing is beading on heavy silk. I liked the idea of wearing a dressy top with linen shorts and a straw shoulder-bag. Next time I'll try it with some white linen trousers as I think it needs something to add a bit of contrast. I don't mind black in summer, but it needs to be kept relaxed and casual. I have all winter to wear dark, serious clothing (I'm afraid I'd make a terrible Goth).

Outfit Particulars:
Linen shorts-K Mart
1980's beaded top-Goodwill
Straw bag-Goodwill
Vintage slides-Goodwill
Bracelet-Garage sale
Copper earrings-K Mart
Fragrance-Courreges in Blue


I'll leave you with a look at a pair of swallows we saw at the park. I don't know the variety, but I'm pretty certain neither could carry a coconut.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses