Casual Weekend Looks

Oh caftan, my caftan

 This is my Sunday afternoon in summer look. I can't be bothered styling my hair, or matching up tops and skirts at the weekend, so caftans and float-type dresses have become the unofficial rule. I save the tricky stuff for weekdays. A stack of plastic bangles in bright colours will dress up just about anything, not that this dress really required dressing up.

Here's a close-up of the animal print.

I belted the dress as it is so large it kept sliding around at the shoulders. The sash keeps it in place without looking too strange on a dress that wasn't designed for a belt. There are two generous pockets that meant I could have skipped the handbag. I love that. Sometimes I just want to take a quick walk to the post box, or the Walgreen's without carrying more than a wallet and keys. 

Outfit Particulars:
Indian-made (I know, it looks Mexican) float dress-Can't remember, but it was thrifted
Bakelite bangles-all over
Necklace and earrings-Hand-Me-Ups
Straw Bag-Goodwill
Belt-came with another dress
Fragrance-Madonna Truth or Dare (aka "Fake Fracas")

I must confess, I've been seduced by dungarees. Dress them up with heels, or down with a tee, they're perfect for (almost) any occasion (in Nebraska anyway) and cost all of $29.00 at the local farm supply store. These are made by Key and as the label says, they are the Aristocrat of Overalls. I'd say that's an accurate claim. 
Perfect attire for an evening of arcade games and putt-putt golf at the Family Fun Center on Q Street. The problem with a pair of dungarees is once you start wearing them, you'll want to wear them all the time. I much prefer changing into these at the end of a day than sweatpants, but then I've never owned a pair of sweats I thought were comfortable. I haven't gone full-on 90's and worn them with a cropped-top and heels yet, but "never say never"!  I'm wearing clogs in this photo. 
Here's a better look at that Betsey Johnson bag. As per my rules, "Two is a coincidence, three is a collection", I now have a collection of Betsey Johnson bags. This one was just made for classing-up a pair of dungarees.


Finally, what's easier to wear than a Hawaiian dress? I skipped the belt, stuck some flowers in my hair and was ready to go in under five minutes. You can't go wrong with white accessories in summer.
Of course, the best white and blue accessory is a Cubs "Win" flag, which I uh...wish I had the opportunity to fly a bit more often. Ahem. Go Cubs!

Do you have a favourite casual look you rely on when you're just not feeling inspired to do much more than take a shower?








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses