Got You Under My Heels

 I caved, and bought the shoes. It isn't every day you find squirrel shoes, you know!
It is difficult to see in the photos, but their bellies have a fuzzy fabric. The knit acorns are detachable. I wore them out today and heard quite a lot of, "Oh my god that lady has squirrels on her shoes!" One woman requested a photo. I have some nice shoes, but no one has ever asked for a photo of them. These were fun, and I was pleased to be able to spread a few smiles around town. They hurt like the dickens, but they looked great.
"Yeah, well they look like dinner as far as I'm concerned."
I knew such special shoes would require a nicer-than-typical dress. This wild 60's number was begging to be worn.

 The dress is a shiny, textured nylon material that was popular when I was a child. I bought the dress with the original tags from Goldblatt's on it. I had to laugh at that as I wouldn't have been caught dead near Goldblatt's when I was young (it was cheap and frequented by old people in search of a bargain). Today, being just that sort of person in search of a bargain, I wish Goldblatt's still existed. Oh well, I'm thrilled to pieces with the dress.

Outfit Particulars:
Vintage 60's Dress-Etsy seller Cloistered Muse
Necklace-Goodwill. My best guess is Ethiopian as I bought it in a set with a Lion of Judah pendant. Could be Jamaican by way of Ethiopia-or it could be something else entirely. Any experts have an opinion?
Irregular Choice Nibbles McNutty Shoes-Ashbury Skies
Vintage belt-Thrift World (the dress had the original gold belt, but I didn't like it)
Vintage straw bag-Yard sale
Fragrance-Vintage formulation Cabochard (that was the end of the bottle. Sob. I have so much perfume it seems crazy to replace a fragrance most people find offensively strong but...well, you know how I absolutely live to offend).
We had some wild cloud-to-cloud lightning the other night. The storm never materialised on the ground, but it was fascinating to watch up in the sky.
We have a new statue on the college campus. I don't know why they stuck it off in a corner of the parking lot no one sees, but in the process of assembling it they did away with the nice picnic bench beneath the tree. The statue sits atop a very steep hill overlooking a lower cement parking area. I give it a month before some drunken student climbs the statue and goes tumbling down 50 ft. It is a nursing college, so at least they shouldn't have trouble finding someone to administer first aid.
I'm laughing here because our postman just drove by, slowed nearly to a stop, leaned out the truck, and gave me a waving peace-sign as he went by. He's my age, so it was funny. Far out, maaaaaan.
 I hope you're having a lovely weekend.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses