Sunshine on My Shoulders


There's off-the-shoulder, and then there's this.

 I guess I can rule this out as a potential State Fair dress-I can't lean forward in it. Don't want people whispering about, "The pie slut from Omaha," Sigh. I bought this dress in the sale at Lady Vintage, but I bought it too big. I'm so accustomed to clothes being small on top that I err on the large side of measurements. The dress is cut very generously up top for a US size 14. The sleeves are meant to fit tight on the arms as well. That's okay, I'll make a few adjustments and it will be perfectly wearable-so long as I don't bend over!

"Hey Pie Slut, didja drop something over here? Heh, heh."
Not falling for that one.
 I should mention that the dress is beautifully made from a heavy sateen cotton. The print was inexplicably called, "Art Deco" when, "Atomic" would be more accurate, and the background colour looked less grey on the website, but I'm still very pleased with the purchase. I don't wear a lot of repro, but I've been happy with the Lady Vintage dresses.

Outfit Particulars:
Dress-Lady Vintage London
Johanssen vintage handbag-Hand-Me-Ups
Shoes-Goodwill
Vintage coil bead bracelets-both Hand-Me-Ups
Vintage panel bracelet-New Life Thrift
Vintage crystal earrings-Hand-Me-Ups
Belt-Goodwill
Well, I've had my second cup of tea, so I'd better get moving with my Monday morning. Hope you have a great week.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses