Favourite Autumn Blouses

It must be Autumn if the KoKoKnits blouse is making an appearance.

 Nothing says, "Autumn" like a brown, leaf print fabric. The brown pleated skirt is also seeing a first wear since last winter. I haven't properly started unpacking cool weather clothes as we can continue to get warm days well into October, but a few pieces were within easy reach. My sense is we're in for an early winter, but I'm basing that on worsening arthritis symptoms, and my fingers and toes turning blue. You may prefer meteorological data.
This brown and blue check polyester jacket was purchased a few years ago, but rarely worn. It has a pleat at the back giving it a swing effect, but for some reason, I don't like it on me. It isn't too big or small, and the sleeves seem okay, but for some reason I feel like I'm wearing my grandmother's 70's slipcovers when I try this jacket on. 
It might look better with a pair of denim flares. This time of year I'm cobbling together outfits from what's still unpacked from summer, and items that were never packed away in spring. It makes for some less-than-idea combinations, but I also enjoy the challenge of wearing things together I ordinarily wouldn't. 
Outfit Particulars:
KoKoKnits 70's polyester blouse-Goodwill
1970's Lady Devon polyester skirt-Goodwill
1970's Koret of California polyester jacket-Thrift World
Bakelite clip earrings-Goodwill (I think)
Wood brooch-Etsy
Lucite tortoise bangle-Hand-Me-Ups
1940's Corde handbag-Hand-Me-Ups
Bass Weejuns loafers-Goodwill (Yes, I put pennies in them!)

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's