Best Of-Halloween Costumes Edition

As Halloween approaches I thought it might be fun to take a trip down memory lane.

The beatnik costume was the result of us being broke, and Danny being too young to care about a costume. The bongo drums are made from empty Neocate containers. Since the stuff was costing us more than caviar (and although medically needed, wasn't covered by insurance) I wanted to get my money out of it by re-using the canisters. Hey kid, quit teething on my City Lights editions.
Why don't you ask my log?
When I needed them to custom cut the log for me at the garden centre I had to explain the Log Lady to a kid that never saw Twin Peaks. Mostly, he just looked at me like I was mad.
The waiter from The Meaning of Life. That's some very expensive fake vomit in the bucket. Still haven't thought of anything else to do with it.
I'm sure even Mother Goose wanted to throttle that bloody fowl once in a while.
The Penguin and Lola Lasagne
Frank the Combine from Cars.
Gorgon Slayer! I had so much fun pinning rubber snakes to a Styrofoam head. Oh look, the old kitchen on the farm!
Uncle Pennybags. What's scarier than a banker? You can see the cattle pen behind Danny in the photo. I do NOT miss the flies. I don't really miss the farm either.
I saved this engineer costume (it was already vintage when I bought it) for Danny's children someday (maybe)? That was the first year we took him out to ring doorbells, and probably the costume I remember best.
 That was the year Danny wanted to be a Rainbow Trout. I made the costume from posterboard overlaid with pink, green, and silver cellophane. What better place to take him for photos than the aquarium?
That was the best costume I ever made. Danny's personal favourite was the combine.
As Woody Woodpecker. We took him to the comic book store for photos.
This vintage Creature From the Black Lagoon costume was great, but it was my crochet hat everyone kept asking about. And, no, you can't have it.

Danny isn't interested in dressing up this year. I knew it would happen eventually. He's too old for trick-or-treating, and too young to go out to parties, so the holiday isn't as much fun. Hopefully I can convince him to wear something fun just to open our door and give out candy. I'll be dressing up but every day is Halloween in my world.

Are you going to be doing a costume this year?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses