Red Eye Makeup-for a stylishly ghoulish look

 October is finally in full swing-hooray! Time for red eye makeup. I confess, I didn't think this would be a look I'd wear, or that it would last more than a season. The thing is, red is so wearable-on just about everyone. You'll need to find the right shade for your complexion, but once you do there's something so wonderfully dramatic and unexpected about red eye makeup.
 I went somewhat tame here as it was a daytime look, but I will be posting a more elaborate red look at some point. Today, I wanted to show you how a subtle bit of red can enhance your eyes.
Here's another confession-that's a deep red blush on the lids and lip liner around the eye. Yup. I have recently purchased some proper red shadow, but this works as well.  To prevent looking like a bunny rabbit, I also used a bit of black eyeliner marker on the upper lid and a white pencil on the wetline. When your nose and cheeks are always bright pink, the bunny issue is a real concern (particularly in cold weather) but you may wish to try out one of the red mascaras available in the Halloween makeup lines. Stock-up too, as it often goes on deep sale 1 November.
Don't forget to pull your very best scary face-it is October, after all. BOO!
I manage this quite easily. Maybe she's born with it...maybe ...well yeah, I was definitely born with it. 
I snapped this seasonal photo of Danny outside Hy-Vee. They always have such lovely displays this time of year. I'm not sure what, "Little Reds" are on the sign above (I didn't notice that until I loaded the photos) but I can only laugh and think, "I certainly hope so."


 Outfit Particulars:
90's skirt-Marshall's (I think)
Coldwater Creek blouse-Hand-Me-Ups
Koret jacket-Hand-Me-Ups
Boots-Hand-Me-Ups
Napier brooch-Goodwill
Vintage earrings-New Life Thrift
Bag-Goodwill
Fragrance-Samsara
Lippy-Revlon Black Cherry applied over a plum stain


 The blouse has so much going on with pleats and smocking and a bit of tulle peeking out at the hem. I do love it, but that middle band is really meant to be worn tighter and it is so loose it disrupts the line on me. It will be a fab piece on someone built for it, but alas that's not me and I am letting it go. I don't like the look of a sloppy blouse. The colour is great though, so I'll be looking for something equally shimmery in a wine colour.
 The skirt has an even more interesting underskirt that *just* shows through the sheer top layer. The effect is pretty neat, but unfortunately it doesn't photograph well.
I've had it for years, but I've yet to grow tired of it. I'm glad I kept it as sheer 90's skirts are having a moment again.


Have you tried wearing red eye makeup, or is it just strange for you?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses