Hat's Entertainment

My hair won't do shit in the winter. I could spend time being upset by that, or invest in conditioners/styling products/a decent haircut, etc. but being the practical sort, I looked in my cupboard, assessed my collection of hats, and here we are. Life is too short to spend it screwing around with hair. 


Outfit Particulars:
Vintage wool ski sweater-Hand-Me-Ups
Vintage 70's skirt-Goodwill
Boots-K Mart
Vintage handbag-Goodwill
Hat-K Mart
Vintage earrings-Thrift shop in Wisconsin
Fragrance-Estee Lauder Knowing (vintage formulation)
Sometimes though, I want a classic, black wool beret. I look like I ought to be puffing on  Gauloises. 
Outfit Particulars:
Trousers-Goodwill
Poloneck-K Mart
Vintage Kashmiri embroidered jacket-gift
Vintage handbag-Goodwill
Enamel bangle-Goodwill
Fragrance-Chanel no. 22

Not hat related, but I had to show you the Selro necklace I picked up last weekend for $5.99. I nearly fainted when I saw it. The Christmas tree brooches will be added to the collection. I'm going to try and wear them all this season, though I might need to wear five at a time to make it. I was thinking of doing a "Brooch of the Day" feature like the Plaid Tidings I did a couple years ago. Would you guys be up for that in December? 
 This wool and rhinestone 60's hat has been waiting in my collection for years. I knew the right outfit would come along-it just took 5 years! That's okay, it isn't like the vintage will go out of style. The sweater dress is something I wouldn't typically wear, but it was .49 cents at Goodwill so I took a gamble. I really don't like Empire waists, but this one had so many other cool features I was willing to overlook the "Uniboob" these dresses always give me.
I added a faux fur because...November in the American Midwest. 
 The sleeves are decorated on the underside. Me neither.
The lace feature at the bodice is nice though. 

Outfit Particulars:
Dress-Goodwill
Tights-Target
Boots-Goodwill
Tissavel vintage faux fur-Goodwill
Avon ceramic brooch-Thrift World
Hat-Hand-Me-Ups
Handbag-Goodwill
Earrings-Thrift World
Fragrance-Vintage formulation Emeraude

Hope you're having a good week. Hat's all folks!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses