Flu in Review

Happy Valentine's Day.

I planned to bake something using my springerle mould, but life (and still more flu-you wouldn't think it possible to get both strains in one season, but yeah) got in the way. I made Danny a Valentine card and bought him the biggest, silliest, frou-frou heart-shaped box of chocolates from Russell Stover instead. He seemed impressed. Anyway, I hope your day was pleasant.
Xerox got a big sprig of millet for Valentine's. Poor guy has been molting, and he's crankier than usual.
 Being poorly doesn't make for the best photos, but hey, we're just keeping it real??. The beautiful hand-knit cotton jumper wasn't the best colour to wear with such a sickly lack of colour to my face, but it was a delight to wear. It is cropped, but being short, it comes right to my waist.
 
I think it is 80's, due to the longer sleeves and cropped waist, but the pattern is timeless. There was a woven label which also makes me think it was 80's (they tend to disappear by the 90's). 

 This is another vintage top. I also think it is 80's, but it might be earlier-this style gets recycled every ten years or so. My mum wore shirts like this in the 60's with cigarette trousers. Well, she did until she split a pair rather publicly (AND they were gold lame!) and thereafter swore off them. In the 80's when shiny spandex trousers were having a moment thanks to hair bands I tried convincing her to buy a pair as they were stretchy and no bad could come of wearing them, but she'd have none of it. I guess you don't forget that sort of public humiliation.
 That was Monday, I think. When I bought the blue and black velour track suit Mr. ETB thought I'd lost my mind-but I knew there would be some day when I'd be glad to own it. Perfect attire for sitting on the sofa, watching the Olympics and freezing despite a high fever. I would never wear this outside-I wouldn't take out the rubbish wearing it, but in the privacy of home it is wonderfully cozy.
 We took Mr. ETB to the doctor for a chest x-ray. He's been hit worse by this. We sat outside in the car as I didn't want Danny in a waiting room full of sick people. Thus far, he's only had a fever (fingers crossed). Yes, I am wearing "overglasses" like a 90 year old.
This was today. I put on makeup because we were having our yearly termite inspection and I didn't want to frighten the exterminator. Next year we want to make termite costumes and have blocks of wood to nibble on when they do the inspection. I'll bet you see some crazy shit as an exterminator but not that crazy!


 I bought myself a wonderful pair of earrings for my birthday. As it was the only thing I got, I'm glad I bought them!  They're super-heavy, but I love them. The scarf/shawl is Egyptian tourist tat that is surprisingly well made. Anything purple and teal will be worth buying, in most cases.

We had lunch at Culver's a couple weeks ago. Danny had the fish sandwich, and I insisted he order onion rings and fried cheese curds so I could, "sample" them. They were delicious, as everything at Culver's is. They're more expensive than other fast-food places, but worth it. They're not paying me to say that, but if they wanted to hire me as a Cheese-Curd Ambassador or something, I'd be open to it??Mmmm, deep fried cheese.
Kinda beige, but sometimes that works.

Outfit Particulars:
home-sewn (by someone else)polyester dress-long gone vintage shop
Vintage handbag-Hand-Me-Ups
Vintage Naturalizer shoes-Thrift World
Vintage necklace-Hand-Me-Ups
Gerige tights-Walgreen's
Fragrance-Galanos
A tiny drop lasts all day...and I can still smell it with a stuffed-up nose. It isn't for everyone (carnation, coriander, oakmoss and a shit tonne of geranium) but if you like this sort of thing, you'll love Galanos.
 A couple of pretty bouquets.
Seafood shopping with a shark...
 ...a new (vintage) wool skirt...
 ...My favourite handbag...
...new to me boots, all things to make me smile.
Waterfowl at DeSoto Wildlife Refuge.
 Double cherry (tinned and dried) tea ring.
Cinnamon buns. All baked by Danny.
And a curry, because you can't live on cinnamon buns. Or can you? Let's ask the shark.
"Hell yes!" There you have it. 

 I will leave you with a pair of owl baskets I couldn't resist.
Hooo loves you?
awww, you know hoo!

I hope to get over this never-ending flu soon and hopefully have a more coherent blog post for you. If you've read this far, THANK YOU. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses