Come For the Clothes, Stay For the Whinging

This isn't a sexy, play-with-my-hair pose, I just have a stabbing pain at the back of my head??.

 But hey, I do what I can. We've had a hectic, mixed-up week around here (that's a grand understatement-stress much?!), but I still managed to get dressed. Can't say I didn't accomplish anything! My foot continues to heal, and hopefully by the time we go on holiday in April I will be able to manage without the funny shoe. I probably won't be back into heels, but anything would have to look better than this.
Right, complaining won't change anything, so on to the clothes.
I purchased this vintage skirt last summer from an online seller. It was described as a 50's skirt, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. The metal zipper doesn't seem to be original, and I think that's what threw her. I know when I replace a zip I use whatever I have in the correct size-sometimes plastic, sometimes metal. Anyway, this is probably 70's or 80's but I love the colours and print, so no harm done. It wasn't expensive-around $15.00 if I remember correctly. Today's lesson? It takes more than a zipper to accurately date a piece of vintage.
Outfit Particulars:
Skirt-Etsy
Top-Goodwill
Vintage jacket (part of a suit)-Long gone vintage shop in Brookline, Mass
Bangles-all over
Earrings-Goodwill
Celluloid brooch-Etsy
Cowboy Boot (s)-K Mart
Vintage handbag-New Life Thrift
Vintage tooled belt-Thrift World
Fragrance-none this week as Danny has been asthmatic and although perfume has never triggered an attack, why risk it?

 This puppy basket is going to hold my pastry brushes in the kitchen. It is a bit too small to turn into a purse.
Someone got shark socks! I bought some as well.
 These are supposed to be cigarette trousers. I bought them far too big but the thing is...they're so much more comfortable this way. Yeah, they look like something my granny would have worn...maybe she knew something. Anyway, I bought another pair in beige and I think I'll keep them. I'm really not a trouser wearing sort of person, but these are like pulling on a pair of sweatpants.
 The Marimekko top sees another year.
 My hair is in desperate need of cutting, but I haven't had time. I've owned this barrette forever.
 The hair bow was my mum's. It looks better clipped to a bag than in my hair. I'm wearing shark socks if you look carefully.
BIG earrings.
Outfit Particulars:
Trousers-K Mart
Marimekko top-Target
Silver bangle-Goodwill
Earrings-Hand-Me-Ups
Shark socks-K Mart
Straw bag-Goodwill
Bow-Mum's

I have a new glass kettle in my life. It won't look this sparkly for long. 
 Another skirt I'd forgotten about, rediscovered when I cleared-out my clothes last week. The elastic needs replacing, and it is super-lightweight. Will probably be better in summer with a peasant top, but I was eager to try it out now.
The print looks Mexican, but it is fast fashion made in China. A genuine vintage skirt like this would be very costly.

Outfit Particulars:
Skirt-no idea
Top-K Mart
Belt-came with a cardigan
Tights-K Mart
Enid Collins bag-antique mall
Necklace-Hand-Me-Ups
Floral brooch-Tiff and Tam
Bakelite bangles-all over

I'm late to the Korean skincare fad, but at $2.00 for 60 face wipes, these were a good introduction. They do a decent job removing eye makeup, but if you're wearing liner and mascara it will probably require two wipes to get it all off. I bought these for travel, and I must say I'm happy with them. Big Lots carries the entire line in different formulations. 

 Speaking of eyeliner... I've been experimenting with white liner on the upper lid. I can't quite get past the feeling that it looks like I used Liquid Paper as makeup.
It does open up my eyes quite a bit. I also bought some liner in a pale pink-that ought to be interesting in a bunny rabbit sort of way.
Time for a Spring dress even if the weather isn't playing along. We're having thunderstorms at the moment, complete with hail. I had to take Danny to a medical appointment this morning and it was a challenging drive! We don't get that much rain here-at least not in downpours, and I had forgotten how tricky it can be when you hit standing water on the roadway. I do wish people would just slow down and pay attention, but maybe that's asking too much. Self driving cars cannot get here soon enough for me!
Outfit Particulars:
1970's polyester maxi-Salvation Army store
Necklace-Hand-Me-Ups
Enid Collins handbag-Antique shop
Jade bracelet-Goodwill
Seashell earrings-Goodwill

Have you seen this alternative to plastic Easter grass? If nothing else, it will be easier to clean up if no one eats it.

 The Misty Harbor raincoat is getting plenty of use. This might be the hardest working item in my wardrobe.
 This dress defies photography. It is a beautiful silky, shirtdress, but you'd never know it from the photos. Ah well, use your imagination.
Outfit Particulars:
1980's Leslie Fay shirt dress-Goodwill
Misty Harbor raincoat-Etc Cetera, Seward
Handbag-Goodwill
Brooches-both Goodwill
Pearls-Hand-Me-Ups
Earrings-New Life Thrift
Liberty scarf-Goodwill


And that's about it. Whew, what a crazy week. Next week doesn't look much better, but at least I have interesting clothes to keep me distracted. I wish someone could hit me over the head with a coconut and knock me out because that's about the only way I'm going to get any sleep.

Hey life,
Have a great weekend!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80's Does 30's

Favourite Autumn Blouses